corsets

I'm collecting information about corsets.
I'm working on the simple sence and sencebility short stays.
They where way too big. But I totally fell in love with corset making.
I bought Corsets from Jill Salen (well actually my dad bought them for me, thank you! :'D)


I hope one day I'll be able to make a corset like this.
It's from the blog Bridges on the Body. Her work is so amazing.

This is my fafourite one, but you should really take a look on how she made it!

I learnt so much that it feels like I could make one myself! (yeah keep dreaming Anna...)



American Duchess is an other blog full of costumes and corsets.

2 comments:

  1. Making corsets is addictive! There are some nice patterns in Jill Salen's book. What pattern are you using for your short stays? They are coming along nicely, I look forward to seeing the finished stays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an older post, but I just want to say the Butterick stays are pretty nice, and really quite historically accurate.

    Also, thank you for showing my picture (I'm American Duchess). I didn't use the Butterick stays for that pattern, but they were similar.

    Good luck on your pair!

    ReplyDelete